3/31/2010

After Covington we took the girls down to New Iberia. We went to the tabasco factory and jungle gardens in Avery Island where Audrey was able to to see... "real life alligators". The one thing she said she wanted to do on this trip was see alligators and eat fried alligator. Thankfully both were accomplished. The most beautiful thing to see were the live oaks. The trees are so beautiufl and the limbs grow so low to the ground the girls could climb all over them! We were not able to take family picture in Monroe like we had hoped so we took a quick family pic on a tree, it was priceless!

Where we were camping the re were tones of crawfish holes. Audrey and Sarah Allain had never seen these before and were very intrigued. Audrey went fishing for crawfish, I told her to catch our dinner for the night...HA!! I truely did think he would get a bite but after about 10 minutes holding a piece of turkey bacon tied to a string you could hear a loud scream through the WHOLE camp ground!! Audrey brought up the string and everyone came running to the hole. The turkey bacon was gone!! Audrey was so shocked she kept laughing. She felt the crawfish take the bacon off of the string, it was so funny!!

Sarah Allain had a fun time exploring the holes and walking across the whole field. Audrey was VERY WORRIED for us because of the ant hills. She was nervous that we would step in an ant bed so when she decided to join us you could see her walking out very carefully . When Sarah Allain and I walked back to the Motor Home Audrey was still out in the field. She was in complete tears in fear of the ant hills. We couldn't help but laugh because Scott and Pawpaw had to go out and help her walk back. (She didn't see us laughting...)

Shadows on the Teche was a beautiful plantation Audrey, Gigi and I toured built by the Weeks family in 1834. It is in New Iberia on bayou Teche.
When Sarah Allain and the boys woke up from their naps we went to St. Martinville to see the Evangelive Oak...one of the most photographed oak trees ever. Here is the story in french and english. Gotta love south Louisiana!!
The pictures are backwards but there are so many I didn't want to go back through them all to chang it...HA!!!

After New Iberia we went to Baton Rouge...



























1 comment:

The Keylors said...

OKAY...I would have NEVER known tat was Bobby! I saw the 1st picture of him and scrolled right by it, figuring he was someone I didn't know. I'm going to have to show that beard to Dase. He won't believe it either. That's some serious beardage! : )

I love the pictures. Beautiful scenery! I'm so glad you guys had a good time and even more glad you are back.

Followers